The website is owned and published by
Thy Whisky ApS
Phone (+45) 22 75 48 19
CVR 38 97 86 40
When you visit our website, information about you is collected and used to customize and improve our content. If you do not want information to be collected, you should delete your cookies (see instructions). Below we have explained what information is collected, its purpose and which third parties have access to it.
The website uses "cookies", which are text files stored on your computer, mobile or similar device for the purposes of recognition, remembering settings, performing statistics and targeting ads. Cookies cannot contain harmful code such as viruses.
It is possible to delete or block cookies. See instructions: http://minecookies.org/cookiehandtering
The website contains cookies from third parties, which to varying degrees include:
– Necessary cookies that help make the website work. They can enable basic functions such as page navigation and so we can remember what items you have added to your basket In the web shop. A necessary cookie is also required when we use Queue-IT to create a queue function for our releases, or when we use Mailmunch to handle your sign-up to our newsletter. The website cannot function properly without these cookies
– Statistics cookies help us to make a better website. We do not pass on data to external data processors, but we do store information about your visit ourselves to help us understand how you interact with our website. Everything is collected and reported anonymously.
– We do not use marketing cookies, which are intended to show you ads across web pages.
Personal information is any information that can be attributed to you in some way. When you use our website, we collect and process a range of such information. This happens, for example, when accessing content in general, if you sign up for our newsletter, participate in competitions or place an order in our webshop, register as a user or subscriber, make other use of services or make purchases via the website.
We typically collect and process the following types of information: a unique ID and technical information about your computer, tablet or mobile phone, your IP number, geographical location, and which pages you click on.
To the extent that you explicitly consent to this and enter the information yourself, for example in connection with an order on the webshop or when subscribing to our newsletter the information is also processed: Name, telephone number, e-mail, address and payment details.
We have taken technical and organisational measures against your data being accidentally or unlawfully deleted, published, lost, impaired or coming to the knowledge of unauthorised persons, misused or otherwise processed in breach of the law.
The information is used to record your purchases and payments, and to provide the services you have requested, such as sending a newsletter. In addition, we use the information to optimise our services and content.
Period of retention
The information is kept until we no longer need the data. The period depends on the nature of the information and the reason for storage.
- Data that forms web statistics to optimise the use of the website is deleted after 14 months.
- Data resulting from the purchase of goods or services on the website is deleted after 24 months.
- Data resulting from the purchase of cask shares or whole casks are kept as long as the cask in question is in our custody, plus 12 months.
Disclosure of information
Data about your use of the website, geographical location, etc. is passed on to third parties to the extent that this information is known. The information is used for statistics and optimisation of the website.
In addition, we use a number of third parties to store and process data as part of our logistics for our webshop. These process data solely on our behalf and may not use it for their own purposes. We have entered into a data processing agreement with them, which obliges them to comply with the applicable legislation.
If you have indicated that you wish to receive newsletters from us, we will pass on personal data, including your name and email address, to the external data processor concerned. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time at the bottom of the emails we send out.
Disclosure of personal data such as name and email etc. will only take place if you consent to it. We only use data processors in the EU or in countries that can provide your information with adequate protection.
We use Google Analytics to analyse how users use the website. The information that the cookie collects about your use (traffic data, including your IP address) is sent to and stored on Google's servers in the United States. You can opt-out of cookies from Google Analytics here.
We collect information about you through the ordering process on our webshop at Shopify.
Information we collect and store
When you visit our webshop, we will track:
- Items you have viewed: We will use this information to, for example, show you items you have viewed recently.
- Location, IP address and browser type: We will use this information for purposes such as calculating VAT and shipping.
- Delivery address: We will ask you to enter this so that, for example, we can calculate shipping costs before you place an order and send you the order.
Which employees have access
Employees have access to the information you provide to us.
For example, administrators as well as co-owners have access to:
Order information such as what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it was to be shipped as well as customer information
such as your name, email address and billing and shipping information.
We have access to this information in order to process orders, handle refunds and support you.
Our payments are made via third party Quickpay or Shopify. When payment is processed some data will be passed to Quickpay to enable them to process the order securely. This includes credit card details. We have a data processing agreement with Quickpay which ensures that this data is only used to complete the payment. Nothing else.
Access and complaints
You have the right to know what personal data we process about you. You can also object to the use of data at any time. You can also withdraw your consent to the processing of data about you. If the data processed about you is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected or deleted. This can be done by contacting: email@example.com.
If you wish to complain about our processing of your personal data, you also have the option of contacting the Danish Data Protection Agency.